2010-10-03 | By: Knuxchan

WriMo Madness!

So GothNoWriMo started, NaNoWriMo got the site update, and I'm writing up a storm to try to catch up to my daily wordcounts already. This weekend has been busy for me having gone out of town for a day and now that I'm back it's been full of more distractions to try to get any sort of writing done. I am planning to take regular trips to either the library, coffee shop or bookstore just to get some peace and quiet to write! I thought I would actually find some use for the writing space I made in my room (which took over 6++ hours to clean!!), but it's just not working. I either have to wait until after 1-2AM when everyone is in bed, or I just have to attempt to write through all the noise and interruptions, but it's really aggravating!

I don't mind writing late at night sometimes, but there comes a point where my mind just shuts down, even when I'm on a creative roll where all the words just seem to flow endlessly. I really hate it when I have to stop because my brain decides it's time to go to sleep.

I'm loving the new NaNoWriMo site, also! I am going to be getting some new swag from the shop. I especially love the tote bags. It'll be perfect to carry my little laptop in. I'm such a sucker for bags. I have no idea why. The new pens look awesome too. Since I've been made a new ML for my region, I really want to try and contribute something to the cause since I haven't done so yet.

In addition to catching up to my GothNoWriMo novel, I just got a new art commission that I will need to start on ASAP. The work just never stops!

7 comments:

Claudie A. said...

Hey! Just found you through the NaNo Blog Chain, and I figured I'd say hi! *waves*

By the way, I feel your pain on the room thing. Last year, my sister kept barging in while I was in the middle of a word war. Thankfully, this time I have a lock on it. ^^ I also can write with musics, so that cuts off most of the other sounds. If that doesn't work for you, though, coffee shops are awesome.

One last thing, I see you're an ML? Mind if I ask what region? I ML Quebec City, up in Canada, and now I'm curious about where you are. :)

Carissa said...

Congratulations and I am so sorry that you're an ML! All that planning you have to do. You're a brave soul.
The tote bags are super cool. I think everyone's smitten with them. :)

Knuxchan said...

Claudie: Yeah, it gets crazy because even with my door closed I can hear a lot of noise in the house. And unfortunately I don't have a lock on my door, so people just keep coming in my room disturbing me.

And yes, I'm an ML for the Ocala, Florida area. You know, I've been trying very hard to move to Montreal. There's a company up there that I really want to work for.

Qzie: LOL! Well it may not be terribly bad. The town I'm in is very small. We only had a handful of people participating last year, so organizing might not be too bad. I don't really think I will need to use Google Calendar to schedule meetings, at least. LOL

TayLyee said...

Hope you do well in GothNoWriMo! I honestly can't believe that your doing this challenge right before Nano. I want to write but I'm just scared I'd be writed-out if I did GothNo as well, so go you!

My gosh I know what you mean with interruptions and noise! My brother and mom or whoever just barges in whenever they want, my mother doesn't like me using the lock but I don't think she'll mind during Nano. But then there's the living room which is about five foot from my bedroom, right across the hallway so I can always hear the TV and talking and computer and everythig else, plus the kitchen is also as close so I can hear whatever is happening in there. I can listen to music while I write but I think I do my best without.

Hope going to libraries and stuff work for you, I haven't tried it but I think I'd rather be at home if I was writing on my own :D

Good luck!

Knuxchan said...

Yeah, my room's location is set up pretty similar to yours. I can practically hear every sort of noise from all over the house, even when my door is closed! It's ridiculous!

Claudie A. said...

Aah, Montreal. Montreal is nice, just not as much as Quebec City. ;P Both cities have a fair number of game designing companies, although I guess in Mtl, you can get away with NOT talking French. Which is... handy if you don't. :)

Knuxchan said...

Claudie: It would be awesome to learn French! I've studied Japanese for over 2 years and would love to learn other languages as well :) It's good to be multi-lingual!

Post a Comment