It's been such an awesome and productive four days. As of today, after reaching my daily wordcount, I'm currently up to 12,105 words. I have 37,895 words remaining according to my Camp NaNoWriMo stats. At this rate, if I keep this steady pace, I should be done in about 20 days or so. That's usually around the time I've been finishing my previous NaNoWriMo challenges. On Saturday, I hosted our first Camp NaNoWriMo write-in. Only one person was able to come out, but we made a lot of progress doing 15-minute wordsprints. If you're ever falling behind in wordcounts, I've found that doing 15-minute wordsprints for an hour will get you back on track faster than you realize it. If you write at least 250 words every 15 minutes, you will get at least 1000 words in an hour. Sometimes it's good to set a goal to help you stay focused and on track with your writing. That's one of the things I love about NaNoWriMo -- the competition makes you commit to a goal and stick with it.
I've been reading other blogs and tweets from other NaNoers. Some people already have over 20,000 words! It's amazing that they can write so much in so few days. It's definitely great and inspiring to see everyone's progress through this event. And just think, in less than a month, I'll be doing it all over again for August's session (yes, I'm that insane)!
Thanks and welcome to the new followers of my blog as well as Twitter. Here's to hoping for a successful week 2 of Camp NaNoWriMo!
2 days ago




2 comments:
Well done with your wordcount already! Sounds like you are doing amazingly!
Thanks! I'm steady chugging along, trying to maintain a good wordcount pace everyday.
Post a Comment