These past few weeks have been pretty busy between writing and real life happenings. But I'm glad to say that I managed to still get my 3,000+ words-per-day goal, regardless. I love maintaining this steady discipline. It's helped me a lot with my writing and working towards a worthy goal. Well, as of today, I've finally reached the goal (and then some!) of 51,483, according to the wordcount validator. This is actually the most words I've written in a NaNoWriMo event since I began in 2009, so I think it's a huge accomplishment for me! Now I have a few weeks to clear my mind and get ready to do it all over again in August. I've already decided on the story I want to tell for the August one -- it's going to be book 2 of Firebrand. I am planning on releasing book 1 towards the end of July, so look for the announcement on the website!
Now, I think I'll take a nice, long, well-deserved nap...
5 days ago




3 comments:
Congrats on reaching 50k!! That's a fabulous achievement!
Rock on with the 50k. I'm stuck well behind, but I'm pecking along.
I hopped over to check out the Firebrand cover - amazing.
Thanks! There were times it was really difficult to stay motivated, but that's how it goes sometimes. My advice in those situations is to keep working towards a noteworthy goal everyday to help keep you on track. I had to sacrifice a lot of my usual leisure time to get it done, but the end result was very rewarding.
It's not too late to catch up :) Weekends are always the best time for me to get things done, so try taking advantage of those times. If you don't get the words this time, there's always August.
Thanks for checking out the site! I'm really excited about the book. The paperback version will be released first followed by the ebook version since the ebook versions will take some time to format (I do all the coding and things myself).
Post a Comment