2010-11-04 | By: Knuxchan

Progress Update

Day 4 has been a success so far. So far I have 13,336 words so far. I've been keeping up with my daily 3k+ wordcount, which is a good thing, though I've found it difficult at times to really get into a good writing flow. I've been cutting it pretty close to meet the goals each day, but I've had to force myself to stay disciplined in that aspect. I hope the upcoming write-in will get me a little more creative and motivated.

My problem is that I know the story I want to tell, however, I know that if I tell it too fast, then it will be well below 50k when I'm done, and I would rather have the story unfinished at 50k than tell the whole thing and try to think of 'fillers'  just to meet the wordcount. I did something similar to last year's story whenI managed to meet the wordcount then just finished it with a 'summary' on how it ended. Of course, I intend to go back and fill in the details of that later once I get the time.

Overall, things are going smooth enough for me to keep up with this sturdy trend of wordcounts and story pace that I won't fall behind, nor will I run out of things to write about. I am eager to tell certain parts of the story, but I want to spend enough time building up for it first. I'm sure I will be doing a lot of trimming when it's all said and done, though.

Onward to day 5 and beyond!

4 comments:

Carissa said...

Wow, great job! :D Way to focus.
If you finish before you hit 50K, there's no rule that says you can't start another story and include it in your word count. At least I don't think there is.

Knuxchan said...

Well I wouldn't be able to verify and win if I did that, though...

Kristy Philbrick said...

I am the same way. I am almost to the 13k mark, and I am so eager to jump into some of the major themes, but I fear that the story will be over before I really even begin. I have let a few things slip out, and I still feel confident, but it's almost like I am having to really pace myself while writing.

Keep up the great work!

Jamie said...

I am near the 20k mark and I want to make it a 22k or so today.

Congrats!

http://graspthesanity.blogspot.com/

http://twitter.com/GraspTheSanity

Post a Comment