2010-11-12 | By: Knuxchan

NaNoWriMo 2010 - Week 2

I can't believe it's still only week 2 of the NaNo madness. It really seems like it's been longer. I suppose that's both a good and bad thing. So far, things have been going well with my story. I'm meeting and exceeding my daily wordcount quota. At this rate, according to the website, I will finish approximately on November 16th. I think this time I will keep writing even after I've met the 50k goal. I will just relax on the daily wordcouts a bit. The words are starting to flow more easy now since I've reached one of the exciting points that I've been anxious to write. Now that I'm at the 30k mark, I can lay off the extra "fluff" and actually start writing the rest of the story with ease without the fear of finishing the story before I reach the 50k mark. I only have about 13k words left to go before I hit 50k, so I can definitely start revealing more exciting things quickly now.
As for the story itself, it's taken a completely different turn from what I originally planned. I noticed this was a common thing for everyone in my writing group, also. It's funny how after all those long hours of planning, you end up writing something totally different! I suppose that's a good thing. In my case, the story got flipped upside down and sideways. One of the main characters of my story is now blind. I never even planned to have a blind character in this story, but it seemed to work out perfectly and really make him my most favorite character in the story now!

Being an ML has been great, also! I'm not as nervous as I was in the beginning. Planning the write-ins have been smooth for the most part. My only concern was figuring out where to have them. People have made some great suggestions, and it's really hard to pick one. We ended up having two writing sessions per week: one on Sundays and another (shorter) one on Tuesdays, where we do wordsprints. The write-ins and wordsprints have been extremely helpful for everyone. I'm trying to be a good motivator for everyone who might be lagging behind in their wordcounts. I'm really glad to see that everyone's progressing. Best of all, there have been some great friendships that have come out of these meetings! It would be great to do these sort of write-ins all year round, even after NaNoWriMo is over.

I've been considering trying out Script Frenzy in April. It would be a great opportunity to finally write out those scripts for some graphic novels I've been putting off on drawing these past few years.

Onward to week 3!

0 comments:

Post a Comment