2011-08-12 | By: Knuxchan

~10k Left

I feel myself nearing the 50k finish line, and yet, I'm feeling myself slowing down. It's becoming harder to write. I've felt this way for a few days, now. I feel as though the story is winding down prematurely, which is what I was afraid of. I ended up creating a battle scene just to draw out the inevitable. Whether or not it'll see the final version is a different story. I  have about 10k words left (according to the chart, I should finish by Aug. 15th), and now I have to figure out what to do with it. I hate adding filler. Especially when it requires me to ramble on about minor things about the story. I think all the 'fillers' will end up being battle scenes -- or enhancements to existing ones. I have to do something soon. I predict the story will be finished in 45k words, which was about the same amount as Firebrand. There is so much story I do want to tell, however; especially since I have a larger cast of characters.

I guess we'll have to see how things go. I'm getting nervous about this! But a little nervousness is good, right?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Knuxchan! Only 10K left. Woo hoo!!!

I'm just thinking about what to do for GothNo this year and thought I'd see how you were.

I'd never heard of Camp NaNoWriMo till I read your posts so I must check that out too.

Well done on your word count!! :)

Post a Comment