I've been working on and off on outlining the NaNo novel I intend to do. I have pages upon pages and files upon files of notes which were a result of me being bored and/or exercising my creative juices. I still don't know how this story will end. I don't know whether or not to make it a single book or a series of books. I'm really leaning towards the former, just so I can practice writing self-contained stories. Sometimes I can be rather long-winded with my writing. I like to explain details because that's where I enjoy being creative with my descriptions. I admit it's probably one of many writing pitfalls that I'm guilty of. I really think NaNo will help me in this aspect.
It seems a lot of people in the forums are doing some sort of vampire romance story. Of course, these types of stories have been around for hundreds of years, but I think it's pretty obvious that Twilight brought the trend back. My story is going to be as far from this as possible. It'd be nice to start a new trend.
Time to get back to planning/organizing!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9
9 comments:
I'm not doing a vampire romance story either. That's just not my kind of thing.
It's not my kind of thing either, and I really think it's gone too mainstream that everyone and their mother is making the same type of story. I like being different.
Vampire romances are cute if you do them right. ...And the vampire's are actual vampires, not faeries. >.>
My stories don't involve vampires. I mean, yes, I do like Twilight, but it's just that a LOT of people are doing vampire romance things now and that's really not my thing to write about anyway. It's just turned into a cliche.
The whole vampire romance thing is the hot topic now. It kinda irks me sometimes. I like reading science fiction and, when I go the bookstore and all the sf is getting crowded off the shelves by these urban fantasies, sometimes I wanna scream. I mean, I like urban fantasy, and I've written one I intend to submit (for the record, I wrote it BEFORE the current craze, and it's not a romance, though romance is in it), but when I have to sift through all those urban fantasies to find an sf novel, it's irritating. And now zombies are starting to be the big thing. Well, anyway, it's good that you want to strike off in your own direction. Just keep in mind that, in order to get a publishing contract, you'll have to at least make it appear as if it conforms to something being published now.
Oh, and welcome to the world of blogging. I just started one myself, and I find that doing entries is like doing warmups before you work out: it helps you get in shape for your creative writing. Good luck!
Oh good, I wasn't the only one who thought that there were a lot of people writing vamp stories. It doesn't make sense to write for trends anyways because they always pass.
Also, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! :)
When I posted my comment I thought I would never write a vampire story but last night a plot idea came to me and vampires could potentially be in it. But the story is mostly going to be about hunting demons (yeah I know demons are overused too).
I don't like vampire romances. I don't understand why a vampire would fall in love with a human. It's like me falling in love with an apple.
No offense to people who like vampire romances. I just don't understand them.
Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I guess you can get away with stuff like that in a gothic fantasy (at least, I would consider Twilight to be gothic fantasy).
I think trying to understand why Vampire Romance stories are so popular is the same as trying to understand why everyone likes FarmVille. LOL
Post a Comment