2010-09-18 | By: Knuxchan

My Blog of Writing Dangerously

So here marks the start of a motivation tool which I hope will help me with future NaNoWriMo events. I never understood what the purpose of a 'writing blog' stood for, and perhaps I may end up utilizing this differently than most people. This blog was really created for the purposes of expressing my adventures and experiences in the NaNo/OLL events, as well as sharing a few excerpts of my works done from these events with the rest of the world.

NaNoWriMo 2009 was my very first one I tried (and ended up winning!). 50,021 words is the most I've ever written in my life, I think. I find it to be a great accomplishment for me, and I would like to try and see about getting it all edited and published. I'm such a horrible procrastinator when it comes to that. I already know the book is bad and needs heavy editing, but by the time NaNoWriMo is over, I don't even want to think about the story or anything related to it until I clear my head... by then, I already have another story in place, ready to start planning out for the next NaNoWriMo. It's such a vicious cycle that I can't ignore, lest I wish to have another years'-worth of writers' block.

It's ridiculous what writers' block can do to some people. That is another reason for me starting this blog. I want to follow others and see how they tend to cope with the many obstacles that writers tend to face. There's something so endearing and motivating to be around others who are facing the same problems and issues when it comes to writing. While I am a self-motivator, I am also the type of person that feeds off of the energy from others. The more energy, the better, and that's certainly what I need right now to calm my nerves for NaNoWriMo 2010...

3 comments:

TayLyee said...

Thanks for following me! I wish I could find a way to reply to my comments. I'm gonna follow you :D Your blog looks nice too, I like the old paper feel to it.

Wish you luck with NaNo this year!

Knuxchan said...

Thank you!
As for replying to comments, you may have to check your blog settings. Maybe you have the comments disabled.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when I finish with a NaNo Novel - I don't want to see it again for a long time! (Plus, I hate editing) So I've done several NaNo's now and have several first drafts sitting around and never edit them. But I figure having a bunch of different first drafts is a good idea, because then I can work on whichever one suits me later. And eventually I'll stop doing NaNos and focus on editing instead.

Welcome to the world of NaNo Blogging!

Post a Comment